Reference : UPR2940-ELOBER-055
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Friday, April 29, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2663,79 € and 2793 € gross salary according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
In the framework of a collaboration between Baikowski, an industrial leader in the manufacture of phosphors, and the Institut Néel, a CNRS laboratory in condensed matter physics, we are offering an 18-month post-doctoral contract starting on 1 September 2022: "Optimisation of the lighting performance of YAG:Ce3+ phosphors by the combined study of their diffusion and photoluminescence properties".
The study aims at studying Ce3+-doped YAG powders and ceramics, phosphors widely used for lighting (LED devices, automotive headlights for instance), to optimize their emission properties in terms of scattering, photoluminescence intensity and ageing.
The study is based on three axes:
- Measurement of the diffusion rate in ceramics. The aim will be to develop an optical set-up to determine the quantity of light scattered by nanocomposite ceramics as a function of their microstructure.
- Measurement of the photoluminescence properties of powders and ceramics to correlate the emission efficiency of these materials with the doping concentration and nature.
- Study of ageing and thermal quenching of materials. This will involve measuring the evolution of the optical properties of ceramics and powders subjected to thermal heating.
The post-doctoral researcher will synthesize YAG:Ce3+ ceramics and powders within the Baikowski company and will perform their structural and optical characterizations at the Néel Institute, which has the state-of-the-art equipment required for the study (in particular a Transmission Electron Microscope with atomic resolution and a latest-generation Horiba-Jobin-Yvon spectrofluorimeter).
- Conduct experiments
- Analyze results
- Presentation of the results in front of the parnters
- Write scientific reports
We are looking for a candidate with a PhD in Materials Science, defended since 2020, with good knowledge:
- of inorganic material elaboration
- of characterization techniques: X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy and optical spectroscopy.
The Institut Néel is a CNRS unit (UPR2940), specialised in Condensed Matter Physics and located in Grenoble, in the heart of a unique scientific, industrial and cultural environment, right next to the French Alpes.
It is composed of about 450 people. The researcher will work in the OPTIMA team (Optics and Materials) and will be co-supervised by two researchers of the team, specialized respectively in chemistry of materials and optics.
Location: 50% at the Institut Néel (Grenoble) / 50% in the Baikowski company (Annecy)
We talk about it on Twitter!