Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS3563-CHRGRA-003
Workplace : CRETEIL
Date of publication : Friday, January 10, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 17 February 2020
Proportion of work : Part time
Remuneration : for an experience of less than 2 years 2695 € gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Analysis of air quality data from major African cities (Nairobi, Kigali, Accra, Abidjan, Niamey, Johannesburg, etc.) and Ile-de-France, using low-cost sensors, reference monitors, and satellite retrievals. Calibration of low-cost sensors and development of an Africa-specific calibration model based on ongoing and planned experiments. Supporting the PI and project collaborators in the deployment and use of low-cost sensors worldwide
1. Developing and testing a calibration model for low-cost gas and particle sensors in the African context, based on ongoing and planned collocations of low-cost sensors with traditional reference monitors in major African cities and other developing countries.
2. Refining/modifying existing models for West European environments, in indoor environments and for vertical profiles using sensors on balloons.
3. Developing cloud-based services that process sensor data in real-time for visualization and data accessibility.
4. Comparing ground-based pollution measurements from the sensor network in Africa with satellite-based estimates of surface air pollution (e.g. MODIS AOD, SENTINEL-5P NO2/SO2, etc.) and air quality modeling outputs (e.g. CHIMERE, CAMx, GEOS-Chem).
5. Exploring the use of low-cost sensor and other information to determine source contributions to air pollution in developing countries.
6. Writing manuscripts based on the research and presenting results at conferences.
7. Possible travel to sensor deployment locations in Africa for maintenance and training of local partners
Analysis of large data sets using coding languages/analytical software like MATLAB, R, Python, Igor Pro, FORTRAN is important. Fluency in English written and oral communication is a must. Familiarity with low-cost sensors for air pollution will be a plus. Experience with air quality modeling or field studies will be a plus
The postdoc will work at OSU-Efluve under the supervision of R Subramanian (MOPGA laureate, main supervisor) and Matthias Beekmann (director of OSU-Efluve). We are hosted by LISA at the Universite Paris-Est Creteil (UPEC) campus in Creteil. As sensor networks are or will be deployed in Ile-de-France, several African countries, and other locations, travel to these locations may be required
Constraints and risks
No special risks
We talk about it on Twitter!