Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8568-CATBOE-002
Workplace : NOGENT SUR MARNE
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 20 months
Expected date of employment : 2 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2605 euros gross monthly according to experience and CNRS grid
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
At the CNRS, within the International Research Center for Environment and Development (UMR CIRED 8568) located in Nogent-sur-Marne, the researcher will be tasked with building a generic multi-agent model studying the impacts of management measures on economic activities in the field of marine habitats.
The activities of the researcher will consist in:
- Participating in the life MarHa project workshops;
- Doing fieldwork by collecting and analyzing data on management measures and economic activities for different "Marine Natura 2000" habitats and in different socio-economic contexts in France
- Participating in the development of the UML conceptual model for analyzing the impact of management policies on economic activities
- Developing a generic multi-agent tool for analyzing the impacts of management policies on economic activities and ecosystem services
- Testing the generic tool for 3 to 5 study sites
- Participating in the development of an associated role-playing game
- Contributing to the outreach of the results by writing scientific publications
The candidate will:
- Hold a PhD in Geography, Economics or Modeling
- Have a collaborative research experience (task animation, taking scientific responsibilities in a project)
- Be familiar with project management in a multidisciplinary context
- Have field experience (data collection and collaboration with institutional or socio-economic actors)
- Have a good knowledge of the sustainability issues applied to the marine and coastal domain and the issues of marine ecosystem services.
- Have skills in multi-agent modeling (Netlogo language).
The researcher will be hosted by the CIRED Biodiversity Team. The CIRED laboratory brings together more than 70 teachers and researchers, administrative and technical staff, and PhD students. The researcher will work closely with the researchers involved in the MarHa project, and will also collaborate regularly with other project teams.
Constraints and risks
The researcher will have to travel in France to visit case studies sites.
PhD at the time of hiring (or planned PHD defense date)
We talk about it on Twitter!