Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8552-NICTRE-001
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Friday, June 19, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2500 à 3000
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the broader context of COSMIC (Conversion Optique par Somme de fréquence Multimode pour Imagerie inCohérente) project, which reunite researchers from Thales Research and Technology (TRT) and Laboratoire Kastler Brossel (LKB), this post-doc project will deal with the theoretical investigation of the ultimate limits imposed by quantum mechanics to long-distance imaging systems using sum-frequency generation detectors in presence of classical noise sources. In particular, we will consider the fundamental bounds to the sensitivity of parameter estimation through modal decomposition with applications to the separations of spatially close incoherent sources and to the detection through diffusing media.
- Determination of the ultimate limit, i.e. the quantum Cramér-Rao bound, for the estimation of multiple parameters (positions and intensities) in a system of incoherent sources in presence of Gaussian noise.
- Comparison (in collaboration with the research partner at TRT) of these ultimate limits, with the achievable precision of an imaging system combining a sum-frequency detector and a spatial-mode demultiplexer.
- Development of pump-shaping techniques to select the spatial modes to be frequency converted and to redirect the noise into modes that do not contain information about the image.
- Evaluation of the measurement sensitivity to mode coupling induced by atmospheric turbulence.
- Quantum Fisher Information and Cramér Rao Bound
- continuous variable quantum optics, multimode entanglement
- quantum detection theory
- turbulence theory
Multimode quantum optics group of Laboratoire Kastler Brossel (Jussieu Campus)
We talk about it on Twitter!