Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8504-CELVAC-002
Workplace : AUBERVILLIERS
Date of publication : Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 15 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : entre 2 151€ et 2 748€ based on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Analyze and process data on population mobility between cities and regions in different countries in the context of the Covid-19 crisis (within the framework of the MAMA program - Du Monde d'avant au Monde d'après, INSHS)
- Processing of the Facebook Data For Good mobility data, for different countries (France, Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Germany, USA, India, South Africa) and 8 cities
- Processing Flux Vision data produced by Orange for France.
- Extract and format the data and then process the flows according to different timeframes from the pre-covid reference period (February 2020) to the present day, taking into account the confinement and post-confinement periods specific to each country.
- Cross several sources of mobility data, among themselves and with other dataset (urbanization, censuses, physical infrastructures)
- Use and master R procedures implemented by other team members working on Data for Good data.
The candidate will have skills in databases, statistics, geomatics, and geovisualization. He/she must be able to collect and order data as well as process mobility and survey data.
- Being familiar with R language is essential
- Proficiency in GIS software (e.g. Qgis) is appreciated
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Mastery of (geo)visualization tools on the web, first experience with D3js essential
- Interpersonal skills: autonomy, initiative, organization, dynamism, taste for teamwork
- Writing skills and rigor in the description of procedures
- Knowledge of English
The candidate will build on and expand the work already initiated in the following publications:
The candidate will be based at the Condorcet Campus in Aubervilliers within the Geographie-Cités laboratory (UMR 8504 - CNRS, Université Paris 1, Université Paris 7, EHESS). She/He will participate in exchanges with members of the other teams of the MAMA project (Ladyss, Centre d'Histoire Sociale, IRIS, République des Savoirs and LAPSYDE)
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!