Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8190-VALCIA-001
Workplace : GUYANCOURT
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 13 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 3839 and 4188 € raw per month depending on the experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 5 to 10 years
The recruited candidate will have to bring his/her expertise in super resolution technique for the processing of the WISDOM radar data (WISDOM being a radar designed and developed in the LATMOS).
The recruited candidate will also have competence and experience in the processing and the interpretation of the data of the Martian radar Sharad. In this context, the candidate will be in charge of establishing an active collaboration with the University "la Sapienza" of Rome.
- Responsible for the implementation of super and high resolution techniques for the processing of the WISDOM radar data in the frame of the ExoMars mission in 2021.
- Responsible for the analysis, at LATMOS, of the Sharad radar data (using the processing pipeline developed by ASI in the frame of the MRO/NASA mission) in Oxia Planum, Mars (ExoMars landing site).
- The recruited candidate will establish a close collaboration with the radar team of the University "la Sapienza" of Rome
- Expert level in radar signal processing including super and high resolution techniques (bandwidth extrapolation, MUSIC for example) and clutter suppression
- Mastery of the data processing of the Sharad radar in the MRO/NASA mission.
The candidate will be recruited at LATMOS on the Guyancourt site.
The Atmosphere, Media and Spatial Observations Laboratory is a joint research unit specializing in the study of fundamental physico-chemical processes governing terrestrial and planetary atmospheres and their interfaces with the surface, the ocean, and the interplanetary medium.
The LATMOS has developed a strong instrumental expertise, built innovative instruments deployed from the ground, orbit, or at the surface of the Earth or other bodies of the solar system.
The recruited candidate will be part of the Planetary Science team, more specifically in the group working on the characterization of planetary surfaces and subsurfaces by radars.
Constraints and risks
No specific risks
Numerous stays in Italy will be necessary in the frame of the mission.
We talk about it on Twitter!