Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8181-ANDKHO-004
Workplace : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ,VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : € 2,675 up to € 3,805 gross monthly approximately
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
As part of a European project carried out in collaboration with several European universities and industrial partners, the research work will focus on the development of new materials and catalytic processes for the selective hydrogenation of carbon dioxide into light olefins and dimethyl ether. The work includes the construction of a catalytic reactor and synthesis of samples of light olefins in this reactor for their polymerization in a partner team.
- will prepare metal and bifunctional catalysts on oxide, carbon and zeolite supports;
- carry out the characterization of the catalysts using a combination of various physico-chemical methods (XRD, FTIR, TPR, XPS, imaging);
- will perform hydrogenation of carbon dioxide into light olefins and into dimethyl ether in a high-pressure reactor;
- will develop a method for analysis of the products of the catalytic reaction by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry;
- design, build a catalytic reactor and synthesize light olefin samples in this reactor for their polymerization in a partner laboratory;
- will travel to attend project meetings and to carry out short-term collaborative work in the laboratories of our partners located in Europe;
- present the results obtained in English and write the corresponding activity reports and scientific publications relating to its work.
PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering
Knowledge of preparation and chemistry of heterogeneous catalysts
Experience and engineering of pressurized catalytic reactors
Experience in catalyst characterization using in situ and operando techniques
Knowledge of the kinetics of catalytic reactions
Experience in the analysis of hydrocarbons and oxygenates by gas-chromatography and mass-spectrometry
Communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
Fluency in English, French is optional.
The Solid Catalysis and Chemistry Unit (UCCS, UMR 8181 CNRS) brings together 105 researchers and teacher-researchers, 32 technical and administrative staff, an average of 80 PhD students and 20 post-docs. The unit has several sites in the regions of Lille and Lens.
The researcher will work on the Villeneuve d'Ascq site at the University of Lille and at the École Centrale de Lille. The scientific activities of the UCCS concern three fields: heterogeneous catalysis and catalysis and molecular chemistry, solid chemistry. Within the "Heterogeneous catalysis" axis and the "Catalysis for Energy and Synthesis of Platform Molecules" team, the researcher will work under the responsibility of Dr Andrei Khodakov and Dr Vitaly Ordomsky.
The preparation of the catalysts and catalytic tests will be carried out in the laboratories of the Pilot Hall Catalysis or at the Ecole Centrale de Lille.
As part of the European project, the candidate will participate in progress meetings organized in Lille or in other partner laboratories during which he / she will present his / her results. If necessary, she / he will also have to participate in national or international congresses to present the results obtained.
Constraints and risks
The researcher will work with reactors under pressure and with flammable and explosive gases. Other risks: exposure to chemicals, gases, stable isotopes and X-rays in the working environment (X-ray fluorescence, X-ray diffraction)
We talk about it on Twitter!