Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8135-JEAZER-009
Workplace : VILLEJUIF
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 09, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 15 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : About 2730€ (gross)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The researcher will be associated with the project “Discourse reporting in African storytelling” and is expected to carry out a variety of assigned tasks, as well as pursue his own research project related to the project.
- analysis and anotation of existing data
- data verification
- help to prepare data for online publication as a searchable corpus
- keep on collecting and analysing data in a poorly described language, and the development of an anotated corpus of narrative texts or typologic study of phenomena related to reported speech
- Ability and willing to work as a team
- Fluent English (a good knowledge of French will also be appreciated);
- Good experience in linguistic data analysis;
- Good knowledge of ELAN, Toolbox / Fieldworks, Praat and / or informatic knowledge;
- Training in fieldwork linguistics will also be appreciated
The researcher will be affiliated with LLACAN, a vibrant community of experts in African languages and linguistics. LLACAN is conveniently located in the southern suburbs of Paris (reachable by metro and other public transport).
The position is funded by a grant from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 758232, PI Tatiana Nikitina).
We talk about it on Twitter!