Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8006-ILIILI-004
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 07, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2695 € gross monthly
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Bituminous formulations serve as binders in the construction of road pavements. Polymer additives confer good mechanical performance and good durability to these formulations. The self-organization and the crosslinking of the polymer in the bituminous formulation are at the origin of the improvement of the properties. The objective of the postdoctoral work will be the understanding of the crosslinking mechanisms of polymers in a new type of formulation developed by TOTAL Marketing & Services, the industrial partner of the project. The miscibility and reactivity of the polymers of interest will be studied in various organic solvents, including bitumen, by techniques ranging from rheology or microscopy to NMR, FTIR and GPC.
The recruited person will develop the experimental protocols for the following-up of the crosslinking reaction and the characterization of the final products (rheology, self-organization) and suggest possible improvements of the formulations. She/he will be in charge of the organization and the realization of the experimental work. She/he will regularly present the results of the project (orally and in writing) at the working meetings between the academic laboratory and the industrial team.
• Training in chemistry and physical chemistry of polymers and/or formulation of polymers.
• Knowledge of polymer materials, polymer synthesis, liquid formulations of polymers, colloidal systems, nanostructured polymers.
• Good knowledge of characterization techniques: FTIR, NMR, rheology, steric exclusion chromatography, microscopies (optical, electron, AFM).
• Organization, work planning, rigor, critical spirit, scientific curiosity.
• Facility for written and oral communication.
• Adaptability to work in a multidisciplinary environment including both academic and industrial scientists.
The work is part of a collaborative project between the Laboratory of Processes and Engineering in Mechanics and Materials (PIMM) of ENSAM and the TOTAL Marketing & Services Company. The recruited person will work with a Senior Scientist and a CNRS Researcher at the PIMM (Polymers & Composites team) in close collaboration with the TOTAL's Solaize Research Center (CReS) engineers. He/she will spend about 10% of his/her time at CReS to carry out specific experiments on bituminous formulations.
We talk about it on Twitter!