Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7517-GERSCH-001
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Sunday, December 20, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2675,28€ monthly gross salary, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
We are looking for a qualified and motivated postdoctoral scientist in the framework of the European project PRIMA "Sustain-COAST "(Sustainable coastal groundwater management and pollution reduction through innovative governance in a changing climate) in which the Laboratory of Hydrology and Geochemistry of Strasbourg (LHyGeS*) is a partner.
The goal of the post-doctoral project is to continue the efforts of the proposing team to coordinate and carry out numerical modeling work using FEFLOW 7.3 for sustainable and predictive groundwater management at two of the project's study sites.
The work to be carried out by the postdoctoral fellow will include:
- Construction of a 3D flow and transport model for the aquifer of the coastal plain of Arborea (Sardinia, Italy) from an available hydrogeological model, integrating the properties of the Quaternary deposits as well as the hydrodynamic parameters and boundary conditions identified.
- Calibration of the flow model (steady-state/transient) built for the study site in Sardinia.
- Simulation of nitrate transport in the Arborea aquifer using FEFLOW 7.3. Emphasis will be put on the simulation of scenarios of future management modes of the aquifer, co-developed in close collaboration with the Italian scientific team, field actors and local decision-makers.
- Technical and scientific support for the construction and implementation of the hydrodynamic model in Tunisia.
- Collaborative work with external partners in Tunisia and Italy.
- Preparation of scientific publications and presentations for international scientific conferences.
- A Ph.D. of less than two years, in fluid mechanics, hydrology, geosciences or environmental sciences, specialized in modeling the hydrodynamics of porous media and in the study of groundwater.
- Experience in numerical modeling with an industrial code such as FEFLOW or similar.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with scientists, engineers and technicians.
Duration of employment: 12 months, with envisaged/desired start date April 1, 2021.
The Laboratory of Hydrology and Geochemistry of Strasbourg (LHyGeS*, UMR 7517 CNRS-University of Strasbourg, https://www.lhyges.unistra.fr) is one of the French laboratories specialized in the study and modeling of the hydrological and biogeochemical processes controlling the functioning of continental ecosystems and the critical zone. Research at the University of Strasbourg covers all scientific fields and encourages international and interdisciplinary collaborations. Located in the heart of Europe in a tri-national region with dynamic economic activity, Strasbourg is a very pleasant place to live.
* The LHyGeS will form the new ITES institute with the IPGS as of January 1, 2021.
Constraints and risks
No particular constraint or risk.
We talk about it on Twitter!