Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7515-JULBER-012
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Thursday, January 6, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Starting from 2 690,42€ gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
As part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary research contract funded by ANR ASTRID, the candidate will have the mission, on the one hand, to carry out multi-step organic syntheses of functional organic molecules (polymerizable, etc. …), and on the other hand to chemically modify chemical functions on polymer chains.
After appropriate physicochemical characterization of the molecules / polymers produced by the candidate, we will study in collaboration with other partners of the consortium their ability to form functional self-repairing polymers in well-defined formulations.
- Bibliographic work (synthetic organic chemistry, and polymer chemistry)
- Organic chemical synthesis of molecules of interest
- Characterization of organic molecules by 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopy, MS, IR, UV / Vis.
- Techniques of purification and quantification of organic compounds by chromatographic methods (HPLC, GC, etc.)
- Selective chemical functionalization of soluble polymer chains, and physicochemical characterization (quantification) of functions grafted onto polymers (NMR, DSC, ATG, SEM, etc.).
- Synthesis of functional polymers, characterization, formulation, selective cross-linking, self-healing, and validation of the self-repairing effect.
- Writing of intermediate and final scientific reports. Writing of publications.
- Presentation of scientific results (scientific meetings of the academic / industrial consortium, scientific congresses, etc.)
- Organic synthesis, multistep synthesis and physicochemical characterization of compounds by NMR, IR, MS.
- Polymer chemistry and characterization of transformations carried out on polymer chain by DSC, IR, ATG,
- Characterization of the self-healing effect of functional polymers
- Writing skills in English
Knowledge on the professional environment:
- Ease of integration into a research team
- Know how to work in a multidisciplinary academic and industrial environment
- Knowing how to work and collaborate in a team
- Familiarization with research databases in chemistry and polymer chemistry
- Have carried out multistep syntheses of organic compounds
- Autonomy in the physicochemical characterization of organic compounds
- Autonomy in the conduct of operating protocols for the chemical transformation of polymers, and the physicochemical characterization of the products obtained
- Self-repairing polymers
- Knowing how to present / comment on / analyze the results of the work, orally and in writing
The Institute of Chemistry and Processes for Energy, Environment and Health (ICPEES), is a joint research unit of the CNRS and the University of Strasbourg (UMR7515). Its staff is made up of around fifty permanent staff and around 80 doctoral and post-doctoral students and other fixed-term contracts. The institute has world-renowned know-how in the field of chemistry, the development of materials and their characterization by various processes, as well as strong industrial collaborations.
The candidate will work in a very stimulating scientific, academic and industrial environment, and with complementary skills.
The candidate will perform the research work at ICPEES, under the direction of Dr Rachid BAATI.
Constraints and risks
No specific constraints
We talk about it on Twitter!