Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7327-MARPAI-009
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 3 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross monthly salary from 2530 € to 3509 € depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
At CNRS, in the ISTO laboratory (Institut des Sciences de la Terre d'Orléans), the project scientist will characterize and quantify the mechanisms of metallic cation adsorption on clay mineral surfaces. She/He will combine batch geochemistry experiments with microscopic, spectrometric and diffractometric characterization, and with surface complexation modeling.
The successful candidate will work on:
- Batch geochemistry experiments (kinetics, isotherms);
- Sample preparation for microscopic, spectrometric and diffractometric characterization;
- numerical modeling using a modified version of PHREEQC;
- publication of results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in Earth Sciences or civil Engineering
- Solid background in mineralogy and geochemistry and advanced skills in experiments and in numerical modeling.
- A good knowledge of the properties of clay minerals will be appreciated.
- To be able to analyze and model her/his experimental results
- To write the results in the form of papers to be submitted to international peer-reviewed journals, as well as to advertise the results of her/his work at conferences.
The successful candidate will work under the responsability of the manager of the "Grand Programme" on Porous media at ISTO.
The Earth Sciences institute of Orléans is a joint research unit (UMR)between CNRS, University of Orléans, and BRGM, whose research is focused on the external envelops of Earth - Upper Mantle and Earth Crust.
We talk about it on Twitter!