Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7315-OLIRAP-001
Workplace : LIMOGES
Date of publication : Monday, May 03, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Monthly gross salary: 2648 € (experience < 2 years)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
This thermodynamic study will takes place at CNRS in IRCER Lab and will require to gather all available data and to start building the Ga-Gd-Nb-O database, leading to the identification of lacking data. These identified lacking data (ternary compounds, solid solutions, solidus and liquidus) will be experimentally evaluated using calorimetry, HT-XRD, and diffusion couples. If experiments are not conclusive, a theoretical approach using DFT methods should help for thermodynamic data acquisition.
The thermodynamic data, for all phases involved in calculations, will be modeled in order to obtain their Gibbs Energy as a function of the temperature, and in case of solutions, as a function of the composition, using the CALPHAD method.
- To gather and to acquire all thermodynamic data of involved phases in the system (Enthalpy of formation, heat capacity, equilibrium data).
- Contribution to the thermodynamic modelling of the Ga-Gd-Nb-O system using the CALPHAD method and the Thermo-calc software (Parrot module)
- A PhD in Materials Science or related
- Strong skills in thermodynamic modeling and more especially with the CALPHAD Method.
- Strong knowledge in experimental determination of thermodynamic data (DTA, DSC, Calorimetry) as well as in materials characterization (XRD, SEM/EDS).
- Knowledge in DFT would be appreciated but not mandatory.
This position is related to the HEMERALD project, financially supported by the French National Research Agency (ANR).The HEMERALD (High Efficiency of Massive Emitting ceRAmic for the 1.7-2.7 μm LASER winDow) project proposes to develop new transparent ceramics as active gain materials for the 1.7-2.7 μm LASER window. It gathers the skills of 3 academic partners (ICMCB-Bordeaux, CEMHTI-Orléans and IRCer-Limoges).
This work will be achieved at IRCER lab, 12 rue Atlantis, F-87068 Limoges Cedex, France.
We talk about it on Twitter!