Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7284-SIMSAC-001
Workplace : NICE,NICE
Date of publication : Monday, September 28, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : postdoctoral salary based on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Mammalian genomes contain abundant gene-regulatory enhancer sequences, whose activities must be accurately controlled to ensure correct cellular gene expression. We have previously shown that cell-type specific enhancer activities can be controlled by their surrounding chromatin context, and in particular by the level of neighbouring H3K9 trimethylation. However, additional repercussions of the enhancer-regulatory function of H3K9me3, or other potential regulatory chromatin modifications, are largely unexplored.
The researcher will investigate the mechanisms of enhancer-regulation by chromatin, and its implications on the activities of other intergenic sequence elements, using cutting-edge moleculary, genomic and bioinformatic approaches.
- PhD in molecular biology or genomics
- At least 3 years of laboratory research experience
- Experience with genome-wide sequencing-based approaches (for instance, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, …)
- Experience with bioinformatic and statistical analysis of large datasets (ideally using R)
- Ability to work autonomously & effectively manage parallel tasks, to design experiments & critically interpret results, and to identify and accurately report significant findings
- Good written, oral and presentational skills in English
The laboratory is located in the Institute for Research in Cancer and Aging, Nice (IRCAN). IRCAN is a dynamic, multidisciplinary institute with 14 independent research groups and state-of-the-art facilities, including modern high-throughput sequencing and bioinformatic infrastructure.
Constraints and risks
Usual hazards associated with laboratory environment (chemicals, biological materials); no additional risks.
We talk about it on Twitter!