Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7275-PHIBLA-004
Workplace : VALBONNE
Date of publication : Friday, February 19, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Varying with experience (between 2675 et 3084 Euros per month)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Bioelectronic medicine is an emerging field, aiming at using small implantable devices to change electrical signals in nerves for treating a range of debilitating chronic diseases. Our lab focuses on strategies to modulate the immune response through peripheral nerve electrostimulation.
Your primary responsibility will be to contribute to a research program focusing on the molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in the regulation of the immune response by the peripheral nervous system. We have recently demonstrated that peripheral nerve electrostimulation inhibited type one diabetes (Guyot et al. Nature Biotechnology, 2019) and rheumatoid arthritis (Guyot et al. Brain Behavior and Immunity, 2019) in mice. Our ongoing research activity is currently focusing on the impact of peripheral nerve activity on inflammatory diseases. We are looking for a highly-motivated and self-driven individual who wishes to work creatively in an independent setting. In addition, he/she should have the ability to work on inter- and intradisciplinary projects. He Successful candidates will have received a Ph.D. degree in immunology, neurophysiology or neuro-immunology.
Position is available immediately.
Define the coherent set of biology techniques necessary for the experimental realization of a scientific project
- Design the development and lead as a specialist, the realization of a cell biology and physiology project
- Advise, within the framework of a scientific project, the technical options; evaluate and validate the choices
- Process the data (analyze, interpret and validate the results)
- Train, internally and externally, in the principles and implementation of the techniques of experimentation in biology; supervise users
- Ensure a scientific and technological watch in its field of activity
- Manage the human, technical and financial resources allocated to experimentation activities
- Apply and enforce the domain's hygiene and safety rules
- Possibly manage approval requests (GMOs, animal experimentation ethics committee)
- Biology: applied methodology (in-depth knowledge)
- Applied Computing
- Proficiency in English sufficient to understand scientific articles
- Design experimental devices
- Develop scientific and technological expertise
- Use software specific to the activity
- Write scientific documents
Desired qualifications: Training in animal experimentation is not necessary but would be a plus
Environment: We are located at the Institute of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (https://www.ipmc.cnrs.fr/cgi-bin/site.cgi), which is a multi-thematic research center in biology. It benefits from its location on the exceptional site of Sophia Antipolis, Europe's leading technology park: 2,500 companies, 10,000 students and researchers, and the presence of the main French research institutions in the field of biological sciences. The 19 international research teams take advantage of state-of-the-art equipment and high level of expertise in molecular & cellular biology, imaging, cytometry, electrophysiology, functional genomics and integrative biology.
We talk about it on Twitter!