Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7264-ANNGOM-001
Workplace : NICE
Date of publication : Wednesday, January 06, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2.109,55 € for an experience of less than 3 years
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This job offer is part of an exploration project of the Al Ula oasis in Saudi Arabia, the ArcAgr-Au project, led by a Research Fellow at the CNRS CEPAM-UMR 7264 (Nice, France). This project aims to understand the history of this oasis, from its emergence during the Neolithic period to the present day, and in particular the link between human populations and the management of water and soil resources. The project is mainly based on a geoarchaeological and geomorphological approach and relies on field and laboratory studies.
This project is funded by AFALULA, the French Agency for the Development of Al Ula (https://www.afalula.com/) created following an intergovernmental agreement signed between France and Saudi Arabia for the cultural, environmental, touristic, human and economic development of the governorate of Al Ula in Saudi Arabia ("ULA Project"). This project is carried out in collaboration with its Saudi partner, the Royal Commission for Al Ula (RCU).
- Participation in field campaigns in geomorphology/geoarchaeology (survey, coring, sampling, drawing and assistance with logistics): 2 to 3 missions per year
- Sample treatment in the laboratory (Pedo-sedimentary analyses: grain size studies, physico-chemical and magnetic analyses, morphoscopy, SEM, XRF or micromorphology)
- Data analysis (excel processing, CAD, photo filing)
- Contribution to the valorization of the results (reports and scientific publications)
- Organization of the field campaigns in collaboration with the laboratory management team and the project manager (visa/flight tickets/car rental/hotel reservation/equipment export, etc.).
- Management of samples taken in the field (listing, export forms)
- Management of samples in the laboratory (quote/order/shipment)
- General knowledge in environmental archaeology and more specifically in geomorphology and geoarchaeology
- Field experience and laboratory studies (pedo-sedimentary analyses)
- Ability to work in a team (collective life in the field, integration into a research team)
- Knowledge of the office pack and specialized CAD softwares
- Permit B
- Fluency in English
- Basic statistical analysis (CFA, PCA)
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Good communication skills (ability to work in a large team, ability to communicate relevant information)
- Initiative taking
The Engineer will be based in Nice at the CEPAM laboratory (CNRS-UMR 7364, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis - SJA3; 24, avenue des Diables Bleus 06300 Nice). The CEPAM laboratory (Cultures - Environments. Prehistory, Antiquity, Middle Ages) is a joint CNRS - UCA research unit that develops research on the knowledge of past societies, their modes of functioning, their evolution and their relationship to the environment. (https://www.cepam.cnrs.fr/)
The engineer will be part of a dynamic team and will work in collaboration with Researchers, Engineers and students from the M2 to the post-doctorate.
Constraints and risks
- Adaptability to constraining rhythms and climatic conditions (arid environments)
- Management of constraints within short deadlines (unforeseen events abroad - hotel, visas, etc.)
We talk about it on Twitter!