Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7154-BENBRE-026
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 15 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2139.18 euros gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
Render operational the new marine data transformation center (RESIF Marine A-node).
The recruited person must:
• Apply existing software tools to large datasets from present and upcoming marine seismology experiments
• Assure the operation of the semi-automatic workflow to receive, verify, and process the data and metadata, and to transmit them to the RESIF Data Center.
• Accompany the evolution the semi-automatic workflow for future transformations.
• Integrate the tools in pre-production and production environments and assure their deployment
• Process and transfer data from past seafloor seismology experiments.
• Create the documentation for the system and its components.
The expected skills for this position are:
• Good understanding of the architecture of distributed information systems
• Familiarity with the Linux/Unix shell
• Familiarity with software engineering (including UML modeling and Object conception)
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with the Java programming language
• Familiarity with the Python programming language would be useful
• Basic understanding of software standards and good practices.
• Good autonomy and great rigor
• Knowledge of measuring instruments would be a plus
The Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (IPGP), part of the University of Paris, is a Grand Établissement of Research and Higher Education in Earth and Planetary Sciences. Its Marine Geosciences team runs a national facility of ocean bottom seismometers, which are used to study the earth under the oceans and near shore.
The national research infrastructure RESIF (http://www.resif.fr ), integrated in the European research infrastructure EPOS (https://www.epos-ip.org/), is based on permanent networks and mobile instrument facilities for continuous seismological, geodetic and gravimetric measurements.
IPGP, along with the Technical Division of INSU (Institut National de Science de l'Univers) and the Cote d'Azur Observatory, is developing a national center (RESIF Marine A-node) to prepare and transfer marine seismology data and metadata to the national RESIF national Data Center, using seismological standard formats (SEED).
The successful candidate will work in the IPGP Marine Geosciences Team, under the project director and in close collaboration with RESIF and the Technical Division of INSU.
We talk about it on Twitter!