Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7116-SIMCOR-003
Workplace : PARIS 07
Date of publication : Saturday, November 09, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 2 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2695 euros (gross) per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The project led by the person recruited under the scientific direction of three CSO researchers consists in a sociological and organizational analysis of a large public water utility. The aim is to understand why this organization, despite an exceptional heritage, missions related to highly valued contemporary concerns and commitments, recognized professional skills, good wages and appreciable working conditions, still remains, 10 years after its constitution in its current form, to be stabilized. The values of the company seem little shared and worn, even though the commitment of the teams is essential.
This project will involve collecting, analyzing and comparing data from interviews and observations in order to reconstruct the strategies of the actors and to understand in the long term, by aggregation, how the organizational devices under study really work.
- Conducting an exploratory analysis in order to define the panels of actors to be interviewed.
- Conducting around 70 qualitative interviews (90 minutes each).
- Conducting observations in meetings and working groups within the organisation.
- Analysing and cross checking the collected data.
- Using the collected data, identifying the systems and networks constituted by the actors, and their strengths and limits in the ability to act.
- Writing the final report.
- Taking part in the final presentations within the organisation.
- Training in qualitative research in sociology (Phd).
- Important experience in conducting interviews.
- Extensive knowledge of the sociology of organisations, and in particular the strategic analysis of collective action as developed by Crozier and Friedberg.
- Knowledge of the inductive method.
- Rigor and autonomy.
- Perfect knowledge of the French language (written and spoken).
The Center for the Sociology of Organizations (CSO) – a joint research unit affiliated with Sciences Po and the CNRS – is an academic center that built its reputation on organizational studies and has progressively broadened the scope of its areas of investigation and research questions since. Today it is a well-known center for social science in the fields of economic sociology, the sociology of organizations, of public action, of professions, of social movements, and of law.
The position will be based in Paris, in the 7th district (at the CSO).
Constraints and risks
No specific constraints
We talk about it on Twitter!