Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7104-GUEBUR-001
Workplace : ILLKIRCH GRAFFENSTADEN
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 23 months
Expected date of employment : 13 February 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2471.46 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The engineer will design, develop and conduct specialized super-resolution microscopy to locate individual protein molecules in a cellular context. Thus, the person to be recruited will participate in the implementation of the necessary instrumentation, technology, computer developments and updates the device. Part of the mission will be to interface optical microscopy and cryo electron microscopy to observe a higher resolution complexes once located. The missions include supervision of users in super-resolution microscopy, the writing of publications and reports of experiments, and the presentation of the activities of the platform during meetings or congresses.
- Developments in correlative light and electron microscopy at the interface between imaging, FIB/SEM, cryo electron tomography and single particle cryo-EM
- Routine implementation of SMLM (single molecule localization microscopy) for various projects at the institute and for external users as part of the National and European Infrastructures FRISBI and Instruct-ERIC
- Management and training of the users of the platform for super-resolutive microscopy
- Writing of publications and experimental reports
- Presentation of the activities of the platform in meetings or congresses.
- Education : Master or aPhD
- strong background in imaging, optics, physics
- strong background in informatics & software developments
- have experience in super-resolution microscopy (e.g. (d)STORM or PALM etc.).
- ability to work in a team
- be autonomous
- Good Relationship skills
- scientific English is required.
The person to be recruited will work at the IGBMC center http://www.igbmc.fr/ on the Instruct/FRISBI platform of the IGBMC centre http://frisbi.eu/centers/instruct-center-france-1-igbmc in tight interaction with research teams of the Department for Structural Integrated Biology of IGBMC http://www.igbmc.fr/research/department/3/.
He/She will directly interact with the scientific head of the Instruct/FRISBI platform and engineers who are working on the microscopy module (3 engineers).
The candidate may be asked to present his/her results at seminars and conferences.
We talk about it on Twitter!