Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7041-GASPAG-003
Workplace : NANTERRE
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 8 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2000- 2600 euros
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The FERMAPYR FEDER program aims to provide a synthesis of the iron industry in the eastern half of the Pyrenees over a long period of time: from the Ariège to the Pyrénées-Orientales (France); from Antiquity to the mid 17th century.
It is based on an interdisciplinary treatment of data: archaeological surveys and soundings; examination of archive collections; laboratory work (typological and archaeometric studies of the finds); recording of data in a computerized and shared database; restitution and dissemination of results.
For more information on this subject:
The mission is in direct collaboration with the coordinator and the members of the ERDF FERMAPYR programme (GAMA, UMR 7041 ArScAn and LAPA: UMR 5060 IRAMAT and UMR3685 NIMBE) and in connection with the development of an Open Data platform for the archaeological geohistorical data generated within the framework of this project. The work will also be carried out in connection with the Huma-num Paris-Time Machine consortium team. The mission integrates the development and integration of geohistorical reference data and archaeological data. These developments are based on the integration, consultation and analysis of data through the GEO webmapping platform and the future Open Data platform "Digital Factory of the Past". The mission also includes ensuring the validity of the results of the research by writing activity reports and publications and possibly organising conferences.
The activities of the post will be developed along two lines:
1. An activity of application and data development and the integration of bodies of information: The development of the FERMAPYR programme includes the development of two applications that are essential for its continuation. A webmapping application (GEO) and a platform for making open data available (ODS). The successful candidate will be responsible for :
- Determining and developing methods for the analysis, processing and integration of geographical information and associated techniques, adapted to interdisciplinary research programmes in the historical, archaeological and archaeometric sciences, using Geographic Information Systems,
- To follow the development of web mapping applications in relation with computer scientists,
- Participate in the design of query tools (archaeological, chronological and spatial information) and data mining tools (particularly uni- and multivariate analyses of chemical information) intended for integration into web mapping applications,
- Integrate and participate in the development of the open data platform of the Digital Factory of the Past project,
- Participate in and monitor the work of the Huma-num Paris Time Machine consortium under the FERMAPYR project.
2. An activity of valorization and training:
- To update and animate the websites of the consortium and the FNP project, for example by setting up a specialised newsletter distributed via social networks on the project's news and the management of digital spatial humanities in order to gain visibility among the various targeted communities,
- Disseminate and promote the methodologies implemented and the results of research (conferences, publications, etc.),
- To transfer its competences in the framework of training actions (continuous training in research for students and researchers),
- Participate in the organisation of national or international scientific events (conferences, study days, seminars, etc.),
- To keep a scientific and technological watch on historical GIS and open data issues,
- Updating disciplinary and thematic knowledge.
- Historical sciences - archaeology, history, archaeometry, (in-depth knowledge),
- Geographic Information Sciences - GIS (thorough knowledge),
- Legal and ethical framework of geographic information and open data (in-depth knowledge),
- Concepts and formalisms of data interoperability - normalisation, standardisation (in-depth knowledge),
- Objectives and projects of the institution, which I think are too vague
- English language: B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Implement the methods and techniques of the Sc-IG geographic information sciences in the context of a historical and archaeological project,
- Know how to use specialised software in the fields of GI (more particularly RDBMS - PostgreSQL, QGIS, etc.),
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines,
- Be able to manage / lead a team,
- Ability to use presentation techniques and have good interpersonal skills.
This position will be based at the MSH Monde in the UMR 7041 ArScAn on the University of Paris-Nanterre campus. He/she will be under the direct authority of the FERMAPYR FEDER project leader.
Constraints and risks
Availability and flexibility are required in the position. Good interpersonal skills are also required to facilitate the numerous exchanges inherent in the position. No other specific constraints.
We talk about it on Twitter!