Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6457-SOPHUG-006
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Friday, December 21, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2555€ brut/Month ( Experience <2ans)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The successful candidate will hold a postdoctoral position in Low-Energy Neutrino Physics working for the JUNO experiment.
- he/she will contribute significantly to the detector development, the detector simulations,
- the validation tests of the electronics and the PMTs from the test bench dedicated,
- will participate to the validation tests of the electronics and the PMTs with a dedicated test bench
- he/she will participate to the preparation of data analysis and tools for the associated physics (supernovae, oscillation parameters).
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or have a fixed date of defence) in experimental particle, nuclear or astroparticle physics.
- Experience in detector technology, event reconstruction, data analysis and Geant4 simulation would be very appreciated
- Experience in C++ programming and ROOT is required.
- You have some interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
The Neutrino Team of Subatech is involved in experiments at medium and short distances from nuclear reactors (SoLid, Double Chooz and JUNO), in the detection of astrophysical neutrinos (KM3Net) and neutrino detector R&D activities.
The Jiangmen Underground Neutrino Observatory (JUNO), under construction in China, is a multipurpose neutrino experiment aiming at the determination of the neutrino mass hierarchy in vacuum oscillation and the precise measurement of solar and atmospheric oscillation parameters. To ensure a precise control of the calorimetric systematics, a multi-calorimetry system is adopted with the main detector (20 kilo-tons of liquid scintillator) read out by two systems of 20-inches and 3-inches PMTs. With its large target volume, JUNO is also one of the most promising observatory for core-collapse supernova neutrinos
The Subatech group is responsible for the DAQ of the 3-inches PMTs and participates to the validation tests of the electronics and the PMTs, in strict collaboration with other laboratories in France (CENBG, LAL, OMEGA), in Europe, in France. Asia and South America. The post-doc will thus participate to these group activities, in a highly international context, and will have a major role in the studies for the multi-calorimetry, solar oscillation parameters and supernova neutrinos by performing some feasibility studies.
Young scientists are particularly encouraged to apply
We talk about it on Twitter!