Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6457-SOPDEP-003
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 20 months
Expected date of employment : 9 September 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2643€ à 3047€. gross Monthly ((experience <2 years)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The neutrino group of SUBATECH in Nantes is opening a 2-years postdoctoral position in low-energy neutrino physics with the JUNO experiment.
- The successful candidate is expected to give a significant contribution to the detector development and the detector simulations
- will participate to the validation tests
of the electronics and the PMTs, with a dedicated test-bench in strict collaboration with other laboratories in France (CENBG, LAL, OMEGA).
- is expected to have a major role in the studies for the multi-calorimetry, solar oscillation parameters and supernova neutrinos participating to the preparation of data analysis and tools for the associated physics.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or have a fixed date of defence) in experimental particle, nuclear or astroparticle physics.
- Experience in detector technology, event reconstruction, data analysis and Geant4 simulation would be very appreciated.
- Experience in C++ programming and ROOT is required.
- Applicants must have a sense of interpersonal skills and the ability for teamwork.
- fluency in spoken and written English
- editorial skills and ability to communicate
SUBATECH is a research laboratory co-operated by the Institut National de physique nucleaire et de physique des particules (IN2P3), the University of Nantes and the IMT Atlantique. The group Neutrino is involved in experiments at medium and short distances from nuclear reactors (SoLid, Double Chooz and JUNO), in the detection of astrophysical neutrinos (KM3Net) and neutrino detector R&D activities.
The Jiangmen Underground Neutrino Observatory (JUNO), under construction in China, is a multipurpose neutrino experiment aiming at the determination of the neutrino mass hierarchy in vacuum oscillation and the precise measurement of solar and atmospheric oscillation parameters. To ensure a precise control of the calorimetric systematics, a multi-calorimetry system is adopted with the main detector (20 kilo-tons of liquid scintillator) read out by two systems of 20-inches and 3-inches PMTs. With its large target volume, JUNO is also one of the most promising observatory for core-collapse supernova neutrino.
The Subatech group participates to the validation tests of the electronics and the 3-inches PMTs, in strict collaboration with other laboratories in France (CENBG, LAL, OMEGA), Europe, Asia and South America. The post-doc will thus participate to these group activities, in a highly
international context, and will have a major role in the studies for the multi-calorimetry, solar oscillation
parameters and supernova neutrinos by performing some feasibility studies.
Young scientists are particularly encouraged to apply.
We talk about it on Twitter!