Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6296-BARERV-005
Workplace : AUBIERE
Date of publication : Friday, December 07, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 105 € - 2 826 € net salary/month, depending on experience (including social security)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The current project will complement these activities by developing models to include the role of microbiota in cloud formation and processing.
Foci may be discussed based on interest:
- Complementing existing data bases of ice nucleating particles (INP) using unique data from the Puy de Dôme station; refinement of existing INP parameterizations
- Implementation of INP parameterizations into process and regional models (e.g., Meso NH or WRF Chem) to perform sensitivity and case studies
- Categorization of existing data on microbial processes in clouds in terms of reactivity, species, products etc
- Development and application of modules describing microbial processes in cloud water in process and regional models
- PhD in atmospheric science, chemistry physics or related scientific discipline
- Background in cloud chemistry, biology and/or physics
- Experience in development and application of atmospheric models on the process and/or regional scale; knowledge of Fortran or other common programming language
- Ability to effectively perform independent research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by published results and presentations.
- Good command of both written and spoken English
The group Biometa (Cloud Group) at the Institute for Chemistry (ICCF), University Clermont-Auvergne, is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to extend existing process and regional models to describe biological activities in clouds. The research group is the leading group to analyze data from the Puy de Dôme and other locations for biological cloud water and aerosol constituents.
The initial term of appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal for another year based on satisfactory performance.
The position is funded by the French National Research Agency (Agence Nationale de la Recherche, ANR) under the 'Investments for the Future' program, within the framework of the initiative 'Make Our Planet Great Again'.
We talk about it on Twitter!