Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5822-MARVER-007
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Friday, July 9, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2675 and 3080 euros gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Postdoctoral position in the ALICE experiment at the CERN-LHC
The postdoctoral researcher is expected to play a leading role in analyses of the first Run 3 data, especially in quarkonium and beauty production studies at forward rapidity using the upgraded muon spectrometer, including preparation and optimization of the reconstruction and analysis software.
- Experience and expertise in data analysis in high-energy physics
- Experience in object-oriented programming. A good experience of the AliceO2 software framework and machine learning techniques would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in an international research environment, including good English proficiency
The host team at IP2I-Lyon is composed of three full time researchers and PhD students. In addition to the activities listed above, the postdoctoral researcher may participate to student supervision activities, and to the monitoring of the ALICE detector.
The candidates should send before July 10, 2021
- CV including a list of the most relevant publications
- Motivation letter
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation
We talk about it on Twitter!