Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5629-SIMHAR-001
Workplace : PESSAC
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2663 and 3069 monthly gross according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
To pursue the industrialization of new and innovative materials for the manufacture of soft contact lenses, Ophtalmic Compagnie must further improve certain properties of their hydrogel material, such as oxygen permeability. To achieve this it is necessary to incorporate hydrophobic molecules in a formulation which is mainly composed of hydrophilic molecules. The complexity of the problem lies in the understanding of the physicochemical and thermodynamic properties of the molecules used in order to obtain a homogeneous material.
Under the responsibility of the technical director and in collaboration with the Ophtalmic teams and the LCPO scientific team, the recruited person will mainly participate in the following missions:
- Understanding the physico-chemical and thermodynamic properties of monomers and polymers with a view to obtaining a homogeneous formulation to achieve a contact lens meeting specifications
- Industrialization of the material in accordance with specifications
- Implementation of formulations and studies of physicochemical and thermodynamic phenomena
- Studying of the reaction properties of molecules
- Design and manufacture of contact lenses
- Analysis of properties according to ISO standards
- Control of the formulation in order to obtain the properties targeted by the specifications
- Pilot testing and quality control
- Essential: skills in molecular chemistry and macromolecular synthesis
- Essential: knowledge of standard techniques for characterizing the molecular properties of polymers
- Highly desirable: knowledge of techniques for characterizing the physico-chemical properties of polymer materials (light scattering, x-rays, neutrons, etc.)
Il est impératif d'avoir soutenue la thèse soit en 2020 soit en 2021 (condition pour bénéficier du plan France Relance).
The Laboratory of Chemistry of Organic Polymers (LCPO) is a joint research unit affiliated to the CNRS, the University of Bordeaux and the Institut Polytechnique de Bordeaux (http://www.lcpo.fr). The LCPO is organized into 4 research teams with a total strength of nearly 150 people, including about 50 permanent staff.
With over 30 years of expertise in polymer chemistry, researches at LCPO aim at:
- developing innovative methodologies for precision synthesis of polymers, using in particular biomimetic and/or green chemistry pathways
- designing functional polymer materials by macromolecular engineering and self-assembly, in the fields of renewable materials, health and energy
- establishing strong links with the socio-economic world.
The agent recruited will join Team 1 of the LCPO, "Polymerization Catalyses and Engineering" and will work in collaboration with Team 3, "Polymer Self-Assembly and Life Sciences" and Ophtalmic Compagnie according to an allocation of time of 40% at the LCPO and 60% at Ophtalmic Compagnie.
Les travaux seront valorisés par des dépôts de brevets et par des publications dans des journaux à facteur d'impact élevés.
Constraints and risks
No constraint or particular risk
We talk about it on Twitter!