Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5628-MONBUR-003
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Monday, February 11, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 15 March 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Depending on experience, starting from 2530 € gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for the preparation and characterization of mixed ionic-electronic conducting oxides for resistive switching memories. He/she will be part of the “Oxides for nanoionic devices” group and will work under the supervision of Dr Mónica Burriel within the framework of the ANR project “Microswitch”.
The post-doctoral researcher will be mainly focused on the tuning of the materials structural and functional properties using the metal organic chemical vapor deposition techniques (MOCVD). For understanding and optimizing the thin film properties, it is mandatory to relate the structural, micro-structural and chemical parameters of the oxide to the performance as resistive switching memroy. The LMGP houses state-of-the-art experimental equipment for investigating such properties. X-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy, electron microscopy (SEM, TEM) and Raman spectroscopy will be routinely used and will be combined with electrical measurements.
For this the postdoc will mainly in charge of the:
- Deposition, characterization and tuning of oxides with Ruddlesden-Popper type structure by pulsed injection chemical vapor deposition (PI-MOCVD)
- Measuring the resistive switching properties of the optimized oxide films, their reliability and variability, in order to evaluate their performance as resistive switching memories
- PhD degree in materials science, physics, chemistry or related field.
- A very good knowledge of English language, both spoken and written.
- Good writing skills, ability to publish and promote your research
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and managerial ability for the project
- Creative, independent and highly-motivated candidate
- Interpersonal skills, dynamism, initiative, rigor and teamwork abilities.
Research profile & skills:
- Knowledge in materials science
- Experience in characterisation of functional oxide thin films, including diffraction techniques (XRD, XRR, RSM), electron microscopy (SEM, EDX), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and Raman spectroscopy
- Experience in electrical measurements for resistive switching (IV, CV, pulsed measurements, in temperature, etc)
- Computing and programming skills (Python and Matlab)
- Experience in oxide thin film deposition (CVD, PLD)
- Experience in Synchrotron characterizations techniques (e.g. XAS, HAXPES, XRD)
- Experience in clean room microfabrication
The postdoctoral researcher will work within the LMGP, Materials and Physical Engineering Laboratory in Grenoble, in the Nanomaterials and advanced nanostructures (NanoMAT) team. Located in the heart of an exceptional scientific environment, the LMGP offers the applicant a rewarding place to work.
LMGP Web Site: http://www.lmgp.grenoble-inp.fr/
We talk about it on Twitter!