Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5563-DELROU-001
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Monday, February 03, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2617.05 to 3902.75 depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Establish a hierarchy of the processes controlling the sediment routing of orogenic systems from sediment production in the belt to their preservation in the basin.
- design a generic experimental protocol using a surface process model (FastS2Scape ; GFZ) of a belt/basin at geological time-scale integrating the impact of flexural
- design numerical experiments calibrated to the North Pyrenean to determine sediment routing evolution during the Cenozoic
- Background in geology (geomorphology and/or basin analysis)
- Use and modification of Fortran and/or Python codes
- Strong writing capacity of scientific results
The GET laboratory within the Observatoire Midi-Pyrénées, is composed by 7 research groups in Geosciences. In total, the laboratory counts 170 permanent researchers and depends on four administrations: CNES, IRD, UPS, and CNES.
The post-doc will integrate the research team LOA. He/She will also integrate a group of 8 other post-doc working in the GFZ (coll. J. Braun) and Bergen University (coll. R. Huismans) on various aspects of the COLORS project (thermo-mechanical modeling in 2D and 3D, code development and coupling, structural geology/geomorphology/sedimentology).
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!