Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5321-DALBOO-005
Workplace : ST GIRONS
Date of publication : Monday, March 23, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2617 and 3017€ monthly before tax depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This position will continue research initiated within the BIOSTASES project led by Michel Loreau. BIOSTASES is an ambitious, innovative ERC-funded research project that provides new perspectives on the functioning, stability, and sustainability of ecological and coupled social–ecological systems in the face of environmental changes. It contributes to bridging the gaps between theoretical and empirical ecology and between ecology and social sciences, and to developing the theoretical bases of new approaches to biodiversity conservation, landscape management, and sustainable development.
It includes four main research themes:
(1) developing new theoretical approaches to ecological stability;
(2) ecosystem stability and diversitystability relationships at multiple spatial scales;
(3) stability of ecosystem processes and services in complex meta-ecosystems;
(4) sustainability of coupled socialecological systems.
The successful candidate is expected to develop any of these themes in new directions. Therefore creativity and independence are key qualities for this position. Candidates should also meet the following additional requirements:
(1) have a PhD in ecology, mathematics or a related field;
(2) have strong mathematical or quantitative skills;
(3) have a good publication record.
This position is for 2 years starting in the second half of 2020 and will take place at the Theoretical and Experimental Ecology Station in Moulis, France (https://sete-moulis-cnrs.fr/en/).
Constraints and risks
No constraint or particular risk.
We talk about it on Twitter!