Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5298-GIOSAN-001
Workplace : PESSAC
Date of publication : Thursday, October 7, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross monthly salary between 2663.79 and 3783.24€ depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The mission is to conduct an experimental study on the development of high power and low noise fiber lasers. The first step is to develop innovative sources in the infrared range with fibers doped with Ytterbium or Erbium ions. Then the second phase is focused on the frequency conversion in the visible and ultraviolet by the study and the realization of adapted devices (sum, frequency doubling by simple passage and/or resonant). The intensity and frequency noise metrology is an important part of the characterization of the realized devices
The person recruited will guide and carry out experimental work in accordance with the mission within an industrial R&D laboratory 60% of the time and the remaining 40% within the framework of a joint industry/research laboratory within the public laboratory. Thus, the following activities stand out:
- Scientific and technical realization of laser and fiber optic amplifiers
- Management and conduct of the project.
- Supervision of trainees, technicians...
- Dissemination and presentation of results (writing of technical reports and scientific articles).
Concerning the scientific and technical activity which is the most provided, the following tasks are listed:
- Realization and characterization of fiber lasers.
- Measurement and optimization of intensity noise
- Study and reduction of noise and stabilization of laser power.
- Study of resonant structures for frequency conversion.
- Study of the parameters of non-linear cavities.
- Control of resonant cavities
- Implementation of a measurement bench dedicated to the characterization of resonant cavities.
The skills required of candidates are those of an experimenter in optics and lasers: realization and characterization of fiber lasers (phase and power noise measurements).
Here is the list of technical skills expected of an experimenter in optics and lasers:
- Gaussian optics in free and guided space
- non-linear optics
- Notion of electronics.
- Basic knowledge of automatism necessary for the realization and the adjustment of the various servo-controls.
- Basic knowledge of low frequency analog electronics allowing the understanding of various electronic functionalities (servo circuits, photodetectors ...
The candidate will join the LabCom Starlight+ team (https://www.lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/labcom/labcom-starlight), within the photonics group (https://www.lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/teams/photonics-systems) and the company AzurLight Systems (https://azurlight-systems.com/) in Pessac. An important activity of this team is around low noise high power fiber lasers in a partnership research context.
The dynamic research team of about 8 people is composed of professors, engineers and technicians, post-doctoral and doctoral students.
The ratio of work time between the laboratory and the company is approximately 40/60.
The project for which the person is recruited is financed by the French government's Recovery Plan.
Constraints and risks
Exposure to power laser radiation
We talk about it on Twitter!