Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5277-EMIDUP-034
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Monday, January 28, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2800 € and 2900 € gross salary / month
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
Characterization of the structure and dynamics of the Hermean magnetosphere in relation to solar activity
• Treatment of magnetic field and particle data available at the NASA data center Planetary Data System (https://pds-ppi.igpp.ucla.edu/); in particular those obtained by the MESSENGER MAG and MESSENGER FIPS instruments;
• Ingestion of the data used (observation, simulation) in the tools of CDPP, the french space plasma data center (http://cdpp.eu);
• Publication of the scientific results in international peer-reviewed journals;
• Presentation of the scientific results at international conferences (e.g.,, Japanese Geophysical Union 2020, Mercury 2020 Current and future science of the innermost planet 2020);
• Presentation of the scientific results during BepiColombo/MPPE (Mercury Plasma Particle Experiment) and BepiColombo project meetings (N.B.: several trips to Japan envisioned);
• Preparation of the exploitation of the BepiColombo/MPPE/MEA (Mercury Electron Analyzer) data.
PhD in Astrophysics;
Good knowledge of space plasma physics.
We are looking for a young postdoctoral researcher to work during 2 years at IRAP in the PEPS department on the characterization of the structure and dynamics of the Hermean magnetosphere in relation to solar activity
We talk about it on Twitter!