Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5265-CHRBOI-003
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Friday, January 10, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2643 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The research scientist will be located in the laboratory Chemistry, Catalysis, Polymers and Processes (C2P2, UMR 5265). His/her research work will be part of the joint laboratory Michelin/CNRS/UCBL/CPE-Lyon/INSA-Lyon, and will tackle design, synthesis and characterization of a new class of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) able to meet future challenges in tire performance and sustainable mobility. Olefin and 1,3-diene based TPE will be considered by combining catalytic and anionic polymerization strategies. This work also includes mechanical and structural analysis of the synthesized polymers.
- Bibliographic search, writing of reports and of publication drafts and presentation of results (at meetings, seminars, symposia…)
- Catalytic & anionic polymerizations including kinetics studies in high-pressure reactors.
- Polymer characterization (SEC, NMR), also including thermomechanical, rheological & morphological analysis.
- Involvement in collective duties of the laboratory (e.g. monitoring of the stocks of consumables, person in charge of a shared equipment, etc.)
- PhD in chemistry or physical chemistry of polymers.
- Handling of air sensitive compounds
- Polymer characterization (liquid NMR, optionally 2D & DOSY, FTIR, SEC, DSC)
- Good skills in English language (Presentation at meeting and writing of reports)
- Autonomy, anticipation, proactive spirit, spirit of initiative, being a source of proposals, teamwork skills
- Polymerization techniques & macromolecular engineering
- Mechanical (Tensile testing, DMA) & rheological characterizations
- Morphological characterization (AFM, TEM including ultracyromicrotomy, SAXS)
Since many years, Michelin, the laboratory Chemistry, Catalysis, Polymers and Processes (C2P2, UMR5265) and the Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moléculaires et Supramoléculaires (ICBMS, UMR 5246) have conducted a series of collaborative programs and have recently launched (June 1st 2019) a joint laboratory ChemistLab for the synthesis of new elastomers by coordination catalysis and the study of associated mechanisms. The candidate will be working in the laboratory C2P2 in Villeurbanne, France. He (She) will be benefiting of pluridisciplinary research program and will be involved in a team of academic and industrial researchers in the framework of the joint laboratory ChemistLab.
Constraints and risks
Some meetings will occur at Michelin research center in Clermont-Ferrand.
The applicant should provide a cover letter, a full CV (including the scientific production), a short research statement and the contact information of 2 references.
We talk about it on Twitter!