Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5247-CELCRA-002
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Wednesday, November 06, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 13 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 1800-2000 euros before tax pay/month depending on previous positions
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The assistant engineer will be involved in a program of medicinal chemistry (funding ANR LipInTB directed by JF Cavalier), requiring the synthesis of different series of oxadiazolones derivatives (mycobacterial lipolytic enzymes inhibitor) having an alkyne or azide function. These derivatives will then be used either directly or after introduction of a fluorescent probe (by "click chemistry"), for the identification of target lipolytic enzymes and to study the membrane penetration of these new types of anti-TB agent.
In order to identify the targets of the oxadiazolones derivatives, the assistant engineer will be brought to:
- Synthesize the "alkyne / azide" analogues of previously identified oxadiazolones, having an action on bacteria alone or on infected macrophages.
In order to study the membrane penetration of these oxadiazolones in the bacterium and in the infected macrophages, the assistant engineer will be brought to:
- Synthesize the same derivatives with a fluorescent probe, allowing their localization in the bacterium or in the infected macrophages.
- the main tasks will therefore be: the synthesis and characterization of the molecules synthesized by NMR and HPLC-MS; bibliographic research to carry out these syntheses.
The candidate must be an organic chemist, with a Master 2 in organic synthesis, and have an attraction for medicinal chemistry:
- An experiment (internship or CDD) in organic chemistry is required.
- Skills in structural analysis (NMR 1D, 2D) are also required.
- Heterocyclic chemistry skills will be highly appreciated.
- An experience in "click chemistry" would be an additional asset.
- He (she) will have to be motivated by a multidisciplinary work and by medicinal chemistry.
- He (she) will have to be able to work in a team.
- He (she) must be able to present his work through written reports and oral presentations (French and/or English).
The proposed position will be carried out within the University of Montpellier (at the Faculty of Pharmacy), in the "Synthetis of Bioactive Lipids" Team (Dr. T. Durand) of the Institute of Biomolecules Max Mousseron, IBMM (Pr. P. Dumy), under the supervision of Dr. Céline Crauste. Travel for meetings in Marseille (the project's lead laboratory) will be possible.
We talk about it on Twitter!