Reference : UMR5243-HELOUR-032
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Thursday, September 22, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 3 257€ and 4 003€ gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
First, he/she will pursue the benchmark exercise started in the framework of the national observation service Renag, aiming at comparing existing methods to compute strain rate from synthetic GNSS velocity fields. This first step finished, the researcher will build a new and robust estimation of strain rates on Metropolitan France using observed velocity fields that should be interpreted in the frame of a very slowly deforming area.
- creation of synthetic velocity fields
- compiling results from different codes and research groups
- familiarization with the most efficient codes
- synthesize results, geophysical interpretation, writing of papers and scientific communication
- Knowledge of the lithosphere's straining mechanisms
- Experience in handling GNSS observations
- Experience in handling modeling codes, good computer skills
- Ability to work in group and to communicate
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
The researcher will work within the framework of the Alceste project entitled "Towards a better characterization of the probabilistic seismic hazard in metropolitan France" resulting from a collaboration between the Action Transverse Seismicity Résif and the french Ministry of Ecological Transition. This project aims to produce a probabilistic estimate of the seismic hazard by 2026. The researcher will be involved in the working group “GT2 - Development of analysis methods and deformation models (GNSS)” coordinated by Stéphane Mazzotti (Géosciences Montpellier) and Marianne Métois (LGLTPE Lyon). He/She will be in contact with a large number of French research teams within the framework of RENAG, but also and international level (presentation of results at international congresses).
Workplace Montpellier or Lyon
We talk about it on Twitter!