Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5175-OLIGIM-001
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Monday, October 4, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2675 et 3800 euros gross per month according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The post-doc will explorer the performances of machine learning methods for classification in ecology. He/she will carry out simulations and analyse real datasets in population and community ecology.
The post-doc will
- review the literature in ecology using machine learning methods
- compare methods via simulations
- write tutorials using real case studies
- write a scientific publication
We're looking for someone with a culture in both ecology and machine learning.
- The post-doc will hold a PhD in ecology.
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Expertise in classification methods
- Perfect knowledge of R and Python est indispensable
The position is for 9 months. The post-doc will be based in the "Human-Animal Interactions" group https://human-animal-interactions.github.io/ at Centre d'Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive (CEFE), in Montpellier (France). He/she will work closely with Olivier Gimenez and Vincent Miele at Laboratoire Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive (LBBE) in Lyon.
We talk about it on Twitter!