Reference : UMR5175-DAVGRE-004
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 13 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2833€ monthly before tax, according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The LIENSs (CNRS/La Rochelle University) and CEFE (CNRS/Montpellier University/EPHE/IRD) labs are seeking one (1) post-doctoral researcher to join their AMARE (marine animal responses to environmental variability) and MAD (movement, abundance, distribution) teams, within the framework of the H2020 project ECOSCOPE, to model the energetic landscapes of Mediterranean megafauna in a conservation context.
Within the framework of the EU programme ECOSCOPE (https://ecoscopium.eu/), the person recruited will:
- Resolve the integration of different data types into a single statistical model of species distribution for some challenging species (seabirds, large fish)
- Model the energetic landscapes of marine megafauna in the context of global changes and of their conservation
- Derive a spatialized bycatch risk indicator for these organisms from the energetic landscapes, fish stocks and fisheries catches estimations
The person will also be in charge of interfacing with ECOSCOPE partners, and of reporting to EU funders.
- PhD in ecology/modelling
- Proven experience in data mining and international networking
- Proven experience in processing large datasets in a spatial context
- Proven experience in statistical modelling in an ecological context
- Good knowledge of oceanography, especially biological
- Knowledge of marine megafauna and the physiology of these organisms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write scientific publications
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of analysis, modelling and mapping tools
- Autonomy, interest in scientific research and teamwork
13-month contract, potentially renewable.
The recruited person will join the LIENSs AMARE team (https://lienss.univ-larochelle.fr/Equipe-AMARE) and the CEFE MAD team (https://www.cefe.cnrs.fr/fr/recherche/bc/dpb)
He/she will be based at LIENSs, 17000 La Rochelle, and will work under the supervision of Charlotte Lambert (clambert1.github.io) and David Grémillet (https://davidgremillet.com/)
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!