Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5169-MATLIH-002
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Friday, February 19, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 5 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2 221 and 3 247 € a month, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
- To develop an automated radar tracking system to study bees' flight trajectories
- to make a litterature review of automated tracking systems for flying insects
- to get familiar with our prototype radar tracking system
- to develop a system for individual identification (tags)
- to develop a long distance traking system
- to develop radar track analyses
- to validate the tracking system with measures on bees
- to write a report to serve as a basis for a method article
- Training in electric engineering
- Experience with radars
- Sygnal analysis
- Interest in animal behaviour and ecology
- The project is funded by the program ANR T-ERC, whose aim is to obtain preliminary data for a European ERC project starting in 2022.
- The work will be implemented at the CRCA-CBI (Université Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III) in collaboration with the LAAS-CNRS.
Constraints and risks
The candidate will manipulate bumblebees and honey bees. Risks of allergies.
We talk about it on Twitter!