Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5001-BERBOE-012
Workplace : ST MARTIN D HERES
Date of publication : Friday, October 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2663€
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The mission is to develop research work based on the development and use of the regional climate model MAR-OASIS-NEMO. In particular, it will contribute to the H2020 CRiceS project (http://www.crices-h2020.eu) by studying the influence of mesoscale interactions between the ocean, sea ice and atmosphere on moisture exchange between the tropics and Antarctica, and by establishing regional climate projections around Antarctica.
- Development of a regional coupled configuration based on MAR – OASIS – NEMO
- Production of simulations of the recent past and future projections
- Monitor upcoming bibliography
- Write scientific publications
- Participate to the activities of WP3 et WP4 of the CRiceS project
- Participate to scientific activities at IGE (seminars, meetings, …)
- Atmosphere modelling (using MAR or another model)
- Ocean modelling (using NEMO or another model)
- Good understanding of the physics of the climate system, especially in polar regions
- Script programming (python, matlab, ferret, …)
The IGE is a CNRS-UGA-IRD-GINP Joint Unit (St Martin d'Hères campus) which is one of the main laboratories of the Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers de Grenoble (OSUG), a federative structure of the INSU of CNRS. The IGE is made up of 8 teams recognized for their research and teaching activities on climate and the anthropization of our planet, particularly on the critical zone of our environment. The IGE brings together about 250 people, including 150 permanent members (researchers, teacher-researchers, engineers) and about 100 PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and staff on fixed-term contracts. The laboratory also welcomes several dozen interns and visiting scientists each year.
This research unit benefits from the dynamism of the UGA, which has been awarded the IDEX University label, and a very good ranking in the Shanghai ranking of world universities. The Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) is a community of universities and institutions (ComUE) with a research vocation.
The selected candidate will be affected in the CryoDyn team at IGE, which has a focus on ice dynamics and connections to the climate system. The person will be supervised by Nicolas Jourdain (CR-CNRS).
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!