Reference : UMR137-HENJAF-008
Workplace : PALAISEAU
Date of publication : Thursday, September 22, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2890 and 4082 € monthly gross salary depending on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The scientific missions assigned to the candidate will be:
- to build an experimental optical bench for femtosecond THz-TDS spectroscopy.
-To demonstrate dynamic spin-charge conversion effects in THz-TDS spectroscopy on appropriate materials and interfaces developed in the laboratory or in collaboration with external laboratories (national and international).
- To study the integration of spintronic devices in THz technologies.
- To valorize the scientific studies by the writing of scientific articles and by international conferences.
- Implementation of an optical bench for ultrafast THz-TDS spectroscopy
- Demonstration of spin-charge conversion (SCC) effects in the sub-picosecond and femtosecond range (THz-TDS)
- Application of THz-TDS spectroscopy and ultrafast SCC on various types of ferromagnetic/antiferromagnetic materials and in the context of ultrafast near-field microscopy.
- Experimental expertise in the field of femtosecond lasers
- Expertise in the field of ultrafast optics
- Expertise in material and interface sciences (ferromagnetic materials, antiferromagnetic materials, topological insulators, two-dimensional materials).
- Team work.
- Scientific communication in English
The candidate will be recruited within the CNRS-Thales joint physics unit (Thales TRT Palaiseau) for 1 year. After 1 year, an extension of the work contract may be considered.
The candidate will work on the implementation of an experimental bench for THz-TDS spectroscopy and will demonstrate dynamic spin-charge conversion effects on dedicated materials and interfaces (magnetic metal multilayers, topological insulators, two-dimensional materials).
The potential industrial applications concern mainly THz magnetic imaging.
The candidate will benefit from the support of the research team of the unit for the realization as well as from the expertise of partner teams (LPENS Paris, Dr. S. Dhillon).
Constraints and risks
No constraints/no risks
Project founded by the ANR TRAPIST (2022-2026).
We talk about it on Twitter!