Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : FR636-ALERUB-026
Workplace : GUYANCOURT
Date of publication : Friday, February 12, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 10 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2 151€ gross agent to 2 578€ gross agent according experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The objective of this position is on the one hand to develop the ESPRI-OBS observational data catalog of IPSL in connection with the water cycle theme and on the other hand to format the observation data of research projects in Siberia at the Syrdakh site (Yakoutia) to insure the sharing to the scientific community.
The person will have to do:
– Define, develop and implement, in close collaboration with the Supervision Team, new structural elements to be integrated within the existing ESPRI framework able to host georeferenced data sets in coherence with more classical structures used by ESPRI.
– Processing of a selected georeferenced data set associated with an observatory (e.g. field characterization, DEM, field studies, monitoring data and numerical simulation results, possibly with different time frames) into standard GIS format to insure the sharing to the scientific community. The data will follow the standard format for open access and the 4 principles of FAIR : Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable.
– Interact with the scientific team for the data processing from several research project
– Create metadata and documentation for each data set that will be described in the ESPRI catalog
– Ensure the catalog is interoperable with other Earth and Climatic Science catalogs
– Contribute to the development of the ESPRI-OBS IPSL catalog
– Services expected in a close future are: GIS visualization of the data, selection and extraction of the data with simple processing, interoperability with satellite data obtained on large scale raster .
Double experience in GIS and Earth Science
– Experience in GIS software and construction of GIS database
– Experience in Climate and Earth research community and research project
– Coding in Python or R
– Experience in Linux system
– Scientific and technical English language
– Ability for team work in connection with researchers members of several IPSL laboratories
- BAC+5 level, Master or engineer diploma
IPSL federation of laboratories, through the Data Terra / ESPRI infrastructure, has a long experience and practice in the creation and maintenance of ambitious databases associated with the earth system, especially data (from satellites, field campaigns or observatories), or climate simulation results. This type of data is spatially distributed according with regular grids. However, the emergence of small-scale studies, especially in the field of hydrology, requires new development in the structure of databases to account for spatially georeferenced data (Geographic Information System).
A dataset associated with a research site in Eastern Siberia studied since 2012 by GEOPS and LSCE will provide the impetuous for this new structure as well as the first practical implementation of it.
The open source ESPRI-OBS IPSL data repository system already share observational data (climatic, soil, remote sensing) and provide a Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) for each data.
We talk about it on Twitter!